We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again – The Goodguys Rod & Custom Association put together, what are considered by many to be the best car shows for the family that feature all vehicles built through 1987. Not only do they give enthusiasts the opportunity to participate in and display their vehicle in a show and shine atmosphere, but there is so much more to those seeking automotive nirvana.
The next event on the calendar is happening in Puyallup, Washington, when the Pacific Northwest extravaganza, presented by Griot’s Garage, comes to town, July 27–29, 2018. This huge gathering of all things classic hot rods will host more than 2,500 street rods, customs, classics, muscle cars, and trucks that were built through 1987. Show goers will be treated to an indoor car show, the Friday Nite Vintage Drags at Pacific Raceways *, and the Spectre Performance All-American Sunday, (open to American-made or powered vehicles of all years). But the fun doesn’t stop there. There will also be Saturday Night Twilight Cruising, vendor and manufacturer exhibits, a Nitro Thunderfest Dragster Exhibition, swap meet, and a car corral.
Your registration gets you passes for you and a friend – or significant other – for all three days of the event, as well as a goodie bag, children’s passes, and the chance to participate in the Goodguys Autocross.
Where else can you have three days of fun and excitement for such a small outlay of cash. If you’re not a Goodguys member – yet, no problem! You do not have to be a Goodguys member to participate.
Just in case you want to become a Goodguys member – and why wouldn’t you – you can do so for as little as $20 (Silver Membership) or $35 (Gold Membership). Your Goodguys membership gets you 12 digital or hard-copy issues of the Goodguys Gazette Magazine and loads of exclusive Goodguys Members-Only benefits and perks.
Guys, if you bring the wife and youngsters, there are even things happening if they need to take a break from all the automotive excitment. For instance, there is a Super Shopper Shuttle, model and pedal car show, The Kids Zone with free arts and crafts, games, prizes, and more! The youngins can also participate the free Revell Model Car Make-N-Take.
So what are you waiting for. Make your plans now, you’ll be glad you did.
* Additional ticket required – Discount tickets for registered participants available at show registration
- Thursday Poker Run – Leaves the SillyVille Stage at the fairgrounds at 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday Kick Off Party – 6:00 p.m. BBQ at Griot’s Garage – more info
- T.G.I.F. Party – 7:30 p.m. at the fairgrounds’ SillyVille Stage
- Saturday Night Party – 7:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds’ SillyVille Stage
- Over 2,500 rods, customs, classics, muscle cars and trucks thru ’87
- Indoor Car Show
- Friday Nite Vintage Drags at Pacific Raceways *
- Spectre Performance All American Sunday welcome American-made or powered vehicles of all years
- Saturday Night Twilight Cruising
- Vendor and Manufacturer Exhibits
- Nitro Thunderfest Dragster Exhibition presented by FuelCurve.com
- Swap Meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Super Shopper Shuttle
- Model & Pedal Car Show
- Pinstriper’s Brush Bash – see over 50 of the best Pinstripers from the West Coast
- Kids Zone – Free arts and crafts, games, prizes & more!
- Kids Free Revell Model Car Make-N-Take – Get your kids involved in model building
- Live music with M80’s, Megs McLean, and the Blues Power Revue