Granatelli Motor Sports (GMS) has released there new 108mm drive-by-wire (DBW) LSX RACE throttle body. The 108mm GMS unit is machined out of super high-quality 6061 billet aluminum and is a direct replacement throttle body. You don’t have to transfer any parts from the factory throttle body over to the new unit because everything you need is included.
So what are the benefits of having a bigger inside diameter on the throttle body? The obvious reason is that the Granatelli 108mm will significantly outflow the OEM unit across the entire rpm range. Which in turn, lets more air into the motor allowing for quicker engine response also a smoother and faster acceleration on both forced induction and naturally aspirated LS motors.
The electric motor can handle upwards of 25-pounds of boost in a draw through or blow through configuration. The GMS unique throttle blade design and powerful electric motor prevent the throttle blade from being forced closed under high boosted applications. This unit is a must for anyone running a TVS, Whipple, or roots style supercharger. The GMS throttle body utilizes the late model GM 6-Pin connector and can be used on factory or aftermarket intake manifolds.
- Designed as a primary replacement for factory throttle body when used with the supplied adapter
- Works with LSX Chevrolet/GM engines
- 108mm inside diameter outflows the OEM units
- Dramatic airflow increase across all RPM range
- Allows for smoother and quicker engine acceleration
- CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- No need to transfer anything over from original throttle body
- Works with all intakes including factory
- Requires late model GM 6-pin connector
- Also offered in a 103mm configuration
- Tunning may be required
For more information be sure and check out Granatellimotorsports.com