If there’s one thing we love, it’s a modern muscle car with LS/LT power going up against a supercar and winning. Hennessey has a lot of these types of videos on their YouTube channel, with the latest being a ZL1 1LE Camaro with the 10-speed transmission going up against a McLaren 600LT. And while a stock ZL1 would not be as much of a matchup against the supercar, this modified one is.
The ZL1 used in the video is called The Exorcist. This turn-key package from Hennessey offers a ton of performance upgrades that pushed the car to 1,000 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 883 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 rpm. These numbers are good enough to propel the ZL1 to a 2.1-second 0-60 mph time. The Exorcist also manages to travel down the 1/4-mile impressively, clocking a 9.57 at 147 mph. As you can imagine, all of the additional power increases the top speed and takes it from 198 to the 217 mph mark.
THE EXORCIST UPGRADE INCLUDES:
- 2.9L Supercharger Upgrade
- High-Flow Air Induction System
- Upgrade Billet Throttle Body
- Custom HPE Camshaft
- Ported Cylinder Heads
- Auxiliary Fuel System Upgrade
- Upgraded Valve Springs and Retainers
- Upgraded Intake valves & Exhaust Valves
- Upgraded Lifters and Pushrods
- Oversized Heat Exchanger Upgrade
- Long-Tube Stainless Steel Headers
- High-Flow Catalytic Converters
- All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
- Professional Installation
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
- Hennessey & Exorcist Exterior Badging
- Hennessey Premium Floor Mats
- 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Limited Warranty
- 20 inch Rear Drag Radial Tires
- Hennessey H10 Monoblock Wheel Upgrade
- Automatic Transmission Upgrade
- Track Tool Kit
In the video, the two cars line up and go from a roll. Upon the launch, the ZL1 Exorcist takes a commanding lead over the McLaren and never looks back. What’s impressive about this is the Exorcist driver states that the Camaro is about half the supercar’s price, even with the modifications. We would have loved to see the two cars go from a dig, but the roll race was entertaining. It’s obvious the Exorcist’s performance should not be taken lightly, even for a supercar.
For more information on the Exorcist ZL1 Camaro and other products please visit henneseyperformance.com.