In case you hadn’t heard, Holley is taking their LS Fest event to the Lone Star State! As a third installment of the ever-popular LS Fest series, Holley has opened up the registration for its LS Fest Texas event scheduled for June 17-18, 2022.
As with all the other awesome LS-based “Fests,” Holley’s popular event series is dedicated to all vehicles powered by GM’s LS and current-gen LT engines. The roster of events will give enthusiasts ample opportunities to exercise their late-model engines in a variety of competitions. There will be the ever-popular autocross for those who enjoy this type of low-speed competition to highlight your ride’s handling, acceleration, and braking. For those straight-line speedsters, the no-prep drag racing in one of a variety of classes is sure to please. All classes will run Heads-Up for the 1/8th Mile on Texas Motor Speedway’s NASCAR pit road. There will be an instant-light start with a win light only finish, no times will be posted. You win or you don’t. Classes include Big Tire Unlimited, Small Tire Unlimited, Drag & Drive (naturally-aspirated), Drag & Drive (power adder), Truck & SUV, and Grudge Test-N-Tune.
For those who prefer a little bit of both worlds, there is the Baer Brakes 3S Challenge! 3S Challenge stands for Speed, Stop & Steering, and combines elements of autocross and speed-stop into a single event that will test the ultimate limits of car and driver. If high-speed track action is your thing, Holley’s Track X combines the best elements of autocross and road course lapping into a single event. Utilizing the inside road course at Texas Motor Speedway, Track X creates a fun high-speed event highlighting driver skill and car balance. Track X is open to autocross and all-access participants.
For those daring souls who don’t mind scraping melted rubber from their rides, there are a few events you’ll surely love. The Drift Challenge will test your skill at full-lock counter-steering and the burnout competition will test the mettle of your tires in full-on Aussie-style burnouts. Holley’s burnout challenge pits several hand-selected competitors against one another to see who can impress the crowd the most. To be considered, select “Yes” when asked if you are interested in competing in the Burnout Contest during registration.
Of course, if you’ve got something to show, you can either do it on the dyno at the Holley Dyno Challenge or for a little slower pace, the Hooker Blackheart/LS1Tech.com Car Show. The Holley crew will be choosing their favorites, and there’s even an “Under Construction” class for those of you whose rides aren’t quite finished. With several classes for the car show, there’s sure to be one to suit your LS-powered ride.
Car Show Classes:
- Street Rod (pre 49) –Any domestic cars built prior to 1949.
- Classic Custom (49-63) –Any domestic cars built between 1949 and 1963.
- Muscle Car (64-74) – Any domestic cars built between 1964 and 1974.
- Street Machine (75-95) – Any domestic cars built between 1975 and 1995.
- Late Model (96-current model year) – Any domestic cars built between 1996 and the present.
- Non-Domestic – All imports, all years.
- Classic Truck (pre 74) – Any domestic trucks built prior to 1974.
- Muscle Truck (75-95) – Any domestic trucks built between 1975 and 1995.
- Late Model Truck (96-Current Model Year) – Any domestic trucks built between 1996 and the present.
- Lowrider – “All, my, friends, know the low rider…” – All Years
- Just Because – Any non-car/truck vehicle powered by an LS engine.
- Under Construction – Any unfinished LS engine-based project vehicle.
Make plans now to attend the Holley LS Fest Texas event on June 17-18, 2022! Spectator admission is $25 a day and the active military gets a $5 discount with a valid military ID. Parking and children under the age of 16 are free. LS Fest is a celebration of all things LS/LT and just like the LS Fest East and LS Fest West events, the Texas-based bonanza is sure to be packed with some of the most fun you can have while burning fuel and tires!