The new GM 2019-’20 full-size trucks are nothing short of impressive. In our opinion, the manufacture nailed the design giving it a tough-looking, durable exterior and a totally plush interior. The 355 horsepower 5.3-liter and 430 horsepower 6.2-liter engines are no slouch either. When mated to the 10L90 10-speed transmission, you have the total package, well almost. While the factory horsepower numbers might be enough for the average truck owner, we would love to see some more from them. Luckily, the performance aftermarket came to the rescue to cure our horsepower ailments.
ProCharger now offers a bolt-on supercharger system to bump those numbers up. When designing this new system, ProCharger started with a clean slate. They redesigned everything from the crank pulley, intercooler, and even the tuning methods used for this system. The all-new supercharger system will ads 45-percent more power to the factory trucks with the use of its P-1SC-1 and P-1X, all while running on 91 or 93 pump gas. But don’t worry, if you need a bigger head unit for even more power, ProCharger has something for you too.
ProCharger uses a dedicated supercharger belt drive system that is mounted by a CNC billet aluminum bracket system. The company even says that this system is so well engineered that it can be installed in a matter of hours by a skilled do-it-yourself (DIY) mechanic with basic hand tools. And if you’re ready to trade the truck in a few years later, the unit can be removed returning the truck back to stock form with minimal hassle.
High Output Intercooled System Highlights
- 45-50-percent power gain with P-1SC-1 on 8 psi, pump gas, factory fuel injectors
- The industry’s coolest charge air temperatures and largest power gains
- ProCharger’s proven and patented, self-contained oiling design–no external oil lines
- Large 3-core air-to-air intercooler is standard.
- 1-year supercharger warranty is standard, with optional 3-year warranty available
- Satin, polished, or black finish options available for brackets and supercharger
- ECU programming provided (complete system only)
High Output Intercooled System Benifits
- Easiest and fastest installation of any supercharger system for 2017-14 GM Trucks
- Extra torque for added “passing power” and towing capability
- Utilizes factory fuel injectors–no need to replace them
- Billet impeller and supercharger gear cases, with industry-leading 4.10:1 step-up ratio
- The system is 100-percent complete with OEM quality and appearance
While we do feel that GM got this new platform right on many levels, there’s always room for more power, and it didn’t take long for ProCharger to answer the call. For more information on the new 2019-’20 GM truck supercharger system, please visit ProCharger.com.