Forced induction is awesome — cramming additional air into an intake manifold combined with extra fuel can take an ordinary engine to the next level. One common problem associated with boosted applications, though, is heat. As the air gets hot, it can cause the charge to become inefficient. Additional heat will not only lead to less power, it can also make the engine more susceptible to detonation and engine damage.
Snow Performance has just released their Stage Two Boost Cooler for the fifth-gen Camaro SS to eliminate these boost woes. By introducing a water-methanol mixture into the intake manifold, air temperatures can be reduced as much as 100-degrees. This mixture will give the user the coldest, densest air charge possible.
In addition to the cooler air charge, the mixture of 50-percent water and 50-percent methanol in the intake can also raise the octane effect of your fuel by 25-points. According to Snow Performance, this means 91 pump gas with the water-methanol mixture will yield an octane rating as 116 octane race fuel. With the added octane effect, you will be less prone to detonation which allows you to put more timing into the engine as well as more boost that will result in more power.
Another bonus of water-methanol is the ability to clean the internals of the engine; when carbon starts to build up, it can strip away the life of the engine, ultimately affecting your vehicle performance. This is especially true with vehicles utilizing direct-injected as well as emission-equipped cars and trucks. According to Snow Performance, the water-methanol injection will steam clean the engine of any carbon buildup.
The Stage Two Boost Cooler operates off of boost pressure levels with the help of a progressive control system. This system is adjustable, and the VC-50 controller will adjust the water-methanol according to the boost level. This is the superior method of injection for both turbo and centrifugal superchargers.
• Made In USA
• Cooler Denser Air Charge
• Achieve 116 Octane Quality Fuel From Pump Gas
• Safely Run More Boost & Timing
• Cleans Engine Combustion Of Carbon Build Up
• Progressive Water-Methanol Injection
• Black Hard Anodized Fittings
• Industry Leading 300 PSI UHO Pump For More Pressure Than The Competition
• Boost Gauge and Adjustable Progressive Water-Methanol Controller All in One
• Seven Color OLED Screen Displays Boost, Injection Percentage, Injection Error (s), Prime Button, Second Stage Activation, and Low Level
• New Prime Feature Ensures Water-Methanol In Lines With Push of A Button
• Four Fault Modes (Clogged Line/Broken Line/Pump/Solenoid)
• Level Switch Upgrade
• Two Proprietary Hypersonic™ Nozzles For The Best Atomization On The Market
For more information on the fifth-gen Camaro system and other products be sure and visit Snow Performance.