We stopped by Ranger’s QuickJack Portable Lifting System display at the 2014 PRI tradeshow to find out what is in store for the do-it-yourselfers that didn’t have the resources or space for a full two or four post lift in their garage. QuickJack was developed specifically to address the shortcomings that have plagued the race circuit and DIY market, getting cars off the ground quickly and safely.
The QuickJack portable lifting system makes vehicle maintenance convenient and lightning fast. Surprisingly, the QuickJack can go anywhere and can be easily stowed in the trunk or back seat of most cars when not in use. “It’s perfect for the DIY market and those who can’t afford a full-size lift,” said spokesman Jeff Kritzer.
“The main selling points are its low profile and it’s portable and can be rolled around the shop,” he added. “You can use it on dirt or asphalt in just about any pit area.”
Available in two sizes, a 3,500-pound capacity (Model BL-3500) and a 5,000-pound capacity version (Model BL-5000), which can be operated on AC or DC depending on which power unit is being used. The power units are sold separately.
The BL-3500 offers users a safe, durable and very convenient vehicle jacking and support system. Simply position the lightweight jack frames under the vehicle, push the raise button on the remote control and in less than ten seconds the entire car is almost two-feet off the ground.
The BL-5000 can be easily transported so you can take it to the track or drop it on your garage floor to perform routine maintenance fast and easy. The system operates identical to the BL-3500.
- 3,500 or 5000-pound capacity.
- From stow to go in less than 60-seconds.
- Open-center design for clear undercar access.
- Remote pendant control features a 20-foot cord.
- Quick-connect/disconnect hoses for fast and convenient set-up.
- Includes an eight piece set of adjustable and stackable rubber lift blocks to support cars at precise locations for increased stability and safety.
- Convenient handles allow for easy positioning of the jack frames.
- Strong 14-gauge steel frame.
- It’s a jack you can use when you need it then conveniently store out of the way.
- Provides quick wheels-free convenience for brake and tire service and clear undercarriage access of all types of vehicles.
- Low-profile jack frames fit under most race cars.
- Optional motorcycle adapter easily converts the QuickJack into a full-service bike lift.
- Powerful hydraulic cylinders eliminate the need for screw mechanisms.
- Integrated power-assist canisters increase the lowering speed.
- Hydraulic cylinders feature integrated velocity-fuse safety valves.
- Portable power unit features a 110-volt motor with remote push-button controls for simple operation. An optional 12-volt DC unit also available.
- A convenient metal carrier with handle keeps the power unit protected and easily mobile.
- Power unit features a built-in flow divider for precisely equalized lifting.
- Rugged safety lock bars keep all vehicles safely held in a raised and locked position.
- Detailed installation, maintenance and safety instructions accompany each QuickJack system.
- Durable powder coat finish.
Easily affordable, the QuickJack extends the price advantage to your value-conscious racing enterprise while providing the durability and performance. “It’s built with a flow divider that’s easy to set up and tear down with quick-disconnects,” adds Kritzer.
If you want to know more about QuickJack by Ranger, visit them online at www.quickjack.com.