While the LS engine has been the king of the swap scene for several years now, the LT is picking up steam. We are seeing more and more of these modern swaps in older hot rods and project vehicles as of late. Companies like Billet Specialties have noticed this trend and have started manufacturing parts to aid with these engine transplants. One of the problems with the LT swap is the accessory drive. It’s very rare that you can use the OEM unit without modifications. To fix this problem, Billet Specialties developed the Gen V LT1 Tru Trac serpentine belt drive.
The LT1 True Trac is designed to fit the GEN V LT1 and Chevrolet Performance LT 376/535 wet-sump crate engine. According to Billet specialties, this unit is designed for a bolt-on, hassle-free installation for muscle cars and trucks that provides a killer look and ultimate reliability.
The company even goes as far as to dyno test its accessory drives to guarantee perfect alignment and optimal performance.
Gen V LT1 Tru Trac Features:
- Quality components from the best brands in aftermarket performance:
- Powermaster 170 amp one-wire alternator
- Genuine Sanden SD7 AC compressor
- Tuff Stuff power steering pump
- ARP fasteners
- Continental Poly-V serpentine belt
- Hard coat anodizing for durability in high belt wear areas
- Precision machined black anodized pulleys, brackets, and covers
- Stainless steel hardware used throughout for corrosion resistance
- Compressor manifold included
- Power steering hardline included
- Pre-installed power steering and alternator pulleys for ease of installation.
- Over 15 years of accessory drive experience used by the nation’s top builders
For more information on the new LT Tru Trac drive and other awesome products from Billet Specialties, please visit their website.