Art Morrison Enterprises has unveiled its new GT Sport Chassis designed For C1 Corvettes. Accommodating virtually any automatic or standard shift transmission, as well as small block Chevy or LS powerplants, the newly engineered chassis delivers an enhanced level of performance and technology for owners of 1953-62 Corvettes. For the full array of performance features and benefits, check out AME’s official press release below.
Art Morrison Enterprises now offers owners of 1953-62 Corvettes a second option when it comes to the firm’s famed GT Sport chassis. The new chassis uses the highly regarded AME Sport I.F.S. and a Wilwood spindle instead of the C6 components found in the original. This allows use of front wheels with diameters down to 15″ and also reduces the overall construction costs.
The computer-designed AME Sport I.F.S. with its adjustable coil-over shocks and adjustable anti-sway bar provides substantially improved handling over the 60-year-old factory setup. Through-frame exhaust passageways facilitate a contemporary stance and a lower center of gravity. A power rack & pinion steering makes driving a pleasure.
A unique crossmember stiffens the chassis for improved handling, and companion mounts can accommodate virtually any automatic or standard shift transmission, as well as small block Chevy or LS powerplants.
Excellent traction control and superior lateral stability comes courtesy of a triangulated 4-bar rear suspension, which also employs adjustable coil-over shocks and an adjustable anti-sway bar linked to the rugged 9″ rear end.
- Substantially improved handling over the 60-year-old factory setup
- Power rack & pinion steering makes driving a pleasure
- Stiffer chassis delivers Improved handling via a uniquely designed crossmember
- Companion mounts accommodate virtually any automatic or standard shift transmission
- Courtesy of a triangulated 4-bar rear suspension excellent traction control and superior lateral stability