New from Holley – the Hays Twister Full Race Torque Converters for GM 6L80E . These converters are designed specifically for blown, nitrous, and turbocharged trans-brake applications. See more details below.
Holley is pleased to announce the release of Hays Twister Full Race Torque Converters for GM 6L80E 6-speed automatic transmissions. Designed specifically for blown, nitrous, and turbocharged trans-brake applications and strong enough to withstand the punishment of 1000-horsepower engines, they’re available in four different stall-speed ranges: 2400-2800, 2800-3200, 3200-3600, and 3600-4200. They’re internally welded (not brazed) for longer life and greater consistency and, in select areas, spray-welded. Heavy-duty Torrington bearings and carefully selected stators with high-flow vents and channels promote cooling, a custom-designed anti-balloon plate prevents swelling, and each one is inspected during every step of assembly and completely hand-built.
- All Full Race series converters are built, tested, and proven to support up to 1,000 horsepower
- Features a custom anti-balloon plate designed to stop potential torque converter ballooning
- Designed to handle the extreme shock and abuse of trans-brakes, nitrous oxide, superchargers, and turbochargers
- State of the art Spray Welding process is used in select areas. Spray Welding provides clean, strong and consistent fusion while also increasing strength through hardening from higher process temperature
- Each converter is hand-built and inspected in every step of assembly to ensure top of the line quality
- All Hays torque converters are internally welded compared to brazing. Testing has shown welding provides longer converter life while also enhancing consistency
- Heavy duty Torrington bearings are used for greater strength and durability
- Stators are chosen with high flow vents and channels to promote cooling in heat producing higher horsepower applications
- Increased horsepower and acceleration due to a weight saving, one application design. Almost all Hays converters are built for one application to reduce weight compared to a multi-bolt pattern converter
- Full Race series torque converters are offered in several different stall speeds for popular automatic transmissions
- Industry leading Tech Support Team is available to provide assistance with stall speed selection