We’ve all heard how racing helps develop a better road car. But, here’s a situation where a road-going car, applauding Corvette Racing’s championship wins in IMSA’s GTLM class, is helping to improve and upkeep the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum.
The 2022 IMSA GTLM Championship Corvette C8.R drawing is a fundraiser to support the continued operation of the 501(c)(3) non-profit National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum located in Knoxville, Iowa. The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum is devoted to promoting and preserving the history and sport of sprint car racing.
While Corvette may not share much in common with those winged, dirt-riding speed demons, anyone interested in them is surely a fan of power and performance. That’s where this GTLM Championship-inspired Corvette really starts to shine. Of course, the car celebrates the multiple Manufacturer, Driver, and Team championship wins Corvette Racing enjoyed in the GTLM class during its inaugural year, 2020. The car also performs pretty well on its own merits.
With its 495 horsepower LT2 engine, the car has been the darling of speed junkies ever since the mid-engine C8 platform was introduced. This car also features the Z51 performance package and a nicely appointed 3LT trim package featuring adjustable GT2 bucket seats. Unlike those winged warriors you’ll find in the Museum, a unique Z51 rear spoiler and front splitter help the FE3 performance suspension keep the car planted in the turns.
On top of owning a very cool, limited-edition, mid-engine C8 Corvette which has benefitted greatly from the racing brethren it seeks to honor, you’ll also get $25,000 – if you are picked as the winning number on August 13, 2022. The winning number will be drawn at 10:00 PM (CDT) and the sweepstakes will officially close one hour earlier, at 9:00 PM (CDT). You definitely have plenty of time to get your changes in, but don’t delay! August will be here before you know it!
2022 IMSA GTLM Championship Corvette C8.R Features
- Corvette Racing-themed C8.R graphics package
- 19″ front/20″ rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels with Jake logo center caps and Black lug nuts
- Edge Yellow-painted brake calipers
- Carbon Flash Metallic-painted outside mirror
- Carbon Flash Metallic-painted high wing spoiler
- Black composite rocker extensions
- Black custom splash guards
- Fully rendered gray C8.R premium indoor car cover
- Sky Cool Gray/Strike Yellow interior with Yellow seat belts
- C8.R Special Edition numbered plaque
- Sueded microfiber-wrapped steering wheel
- Limited to 1,000 produced