It’s no secret that American V8s are the heart and soul of racing and performance (at least here, stateside) – whether on the track, in a hot rod, or even in marine applications. The beauty of the LS engines’ versatility is widely recognized, and its market continues to grow with the backing of companies like Wiseco.
Its RED Series piston kit lineup has continued to expand, now catering to a wide range of applications for popular domestic V8 platforms. Appropriately named, these forged pistons bring Wiseco’s Race Engineered Design (RED) technology to the forefront, promising the quality and durability that performance engine builds demand.
So, what does the RED Series entail? Here are the key features and why they matter;
Wiseco RED Series Pistons
- American Made: Engineered, forged, and machined right here in the USA from high-strength 2618 aluminum, these pistons are ideal for high-demand performance racing and forced induction applications.
- Engine-Specific Applications: Wiseco’s quality shows throw its dedicated forgings, enabling an optimized, engine-specific strutted design. This means maximized strength-to-weight characteristics and a balance of durability and light weight.
- ArmorGlide Skirt Coating: By reducing friction and noise, Wiseco’s coating also minimizes wear and tear on both the piston and cylinder wall.
- Optimized Lubrication & Ring Seal: Horizontal slot oiling in the pin bores ensures the wrist pin and small-end lubrication remain optimal, translating to longer service life. Its accumulator groove design maintains a consistent ring seal and optimal power output over time.
- Rings Included: Every part number included in the RED Series includes premium rings – so there’s no need for additional sourcing.
Over the past few months, Wiseco has released dozens of new RED Series piston kits for various LS-based GM engines – from the 5.3L L83, and 6.6L L8T, to various other flat-top applications. For more information and to see if RED Series forged pistons are available for your engine, visit Wiseco’s website here.