Originally entered in in the Grand National Roadster Show (GNRS) for the America’s Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) competition in 2010 by the late Jerry Magnuson, it was invited to compete for the award again at the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show. This Chip Foose creation was brought to life with body work by Marcel’s Custom Metal. It is 100 percent hand-built and this beauty isn’t a trailer queen either. It has thousands of miles on it and several cruises like the Hot Rod Power Tour, as well as many other weekend end trips.
“Magnatude” is powered by a Kenny Duttweiler-prepared Chevy LS engine that is topped by a Magnuson 1900 TVS supercharger/intercooler-radiator that pushes out 570 horsepower. The engine compartment features a custom front inlet system with a functional air directing engine cover. Jim Griffin handled the interior that showcases slate and pebble leather throughout, and Tinted Bird’s Eye Maple sectioned dash and console with Dakota Digital gauges and LED panels. Kugel suspension was added to the front and rear for the 2016 GNRS.
- Owner: Maureen Magnuson
- Builder: Chip Foose
- Chassis: Hand built frame rails by SAC
- Body: Hand built body fenders and top by Marcel’s Custom Metal
- Motor: GM LS1 prepped by Kenny Duitwelier with Magnuson MP1900 supercharger
- Trans: Tremec six-speed
- Suspension: Four-wheel independent suspension by Kugel
- Wheels: 17-inch and 20-inch wheels with Pirelli tires
- Body work: Marcel’s Custom Metal